Manufacturing Project Engineer
- Design and develop manufacturing engineered systems for a lean mfg. process flow using lean concepts.
- Analyze work distribution and high traffic areas, using stopwatch time studies and spaghetti diagrams.
- Initiate and implement problem solving, and continuous improvement projects using 5why, fishbone, 5W1H, root cause analysis methodology.
- Work closely with suppliers to define and implement the most effective packaging solutions applying ergonomics and lean concepts.
- Design test & assembly fixtures, drawings, specifications, & other required technical documents.
- Develop and optimize the manufacturing process flow maps, line balancing, plan for every part (PFEP), and material pull systems.
- Develop the process controls for production monitoring using PLCs, and sophisticated data collection devices.
- Write the equipment preventative, corrective, and TPM procedures & make necessary repairs, by analyzing historically collected data.
- Create layouts using CAD; install manufacturing equipment for optimized lean flow.
- Complete detailed standard work instructions, process change procedures, control charts, quality checks, and all visual factory process monitoring boards per company quality standards.
- Use precise measuring tools (micrometers, air gages, dial bore gages, dial indicators, calipers, CMM, OGP, and laser type measuring devices) and properly operate all equipment.
- Conduct product failure analysis, & DFM analysis for low cost, highest quality production.
- Specify production automation robotics, welders, and precision measurement machines and use precision electrical instruments like Fluke-meters, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies.
- Retrieve correct drawings from the database and send them to the supplier via FTP
- Meet with suppliers and follow up with them for pricing and delivery dates.
- Coordination with suppliers on quality defects and technical discrepancies
Master’s in Systems Engineering (Industrial and Manufacturing System Engineering) or Master’s in Industrial Engineering.
24 months of experience as Industrial/Logistics Engineer in a manufacturing environment including use of the following skills to create efficient sequence of operations, workflow, use of production facility, and use of personnel.
- Project Management
- Project Planning
- Process Mapping
- Timing Studies
- Root Cause Analysis
- Continuous Improvement
- Requirements Engineering
- Project Feasibility Studies
Location of Work: Novi, MI 48377